Pioneer today introduces nine new CD receivers and seven digital media receivers to enhance in-vehicle entertainment and connectivity. The DEH-S5000BT, DEH-S400DAB, DEH-S4000BT, DEH-S3000BT, DEH-S2000UI, and DEH-S100UB 1-DIN CD Tuner models, and the MVH-S300BT, MVH-S200DAB, MVH-S100UI, and the MVH-S100UB series are 1-DIN mechafree digital media models completing Pioneer’s line up of 2017 in-dash receivers.
Smartphone ConnectivityCD AND DIGITAL MEDIA RECEIVERS
- Bluetooth® Wireless Connectivity – The new Bluetooth models, (DEH-S5000BT, DEH-S4000BT, DEH-S3000BT and MVH-S300BT), feature built-in Bluetooth1 wireless connectivity for convenient hands-free calling and music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. Users are able to pre-register up to 10 smartphones with the receivers, enabling hands-free calling and/or music to be streamed from any of the 10 previously paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices.
- To maximise the connectivity options and call quality for hands-free communication and wireless audio streaming, the new models feature Bluetooth AVRCP 1.5 to provide browsing capability of a user’s media library, and HFP 1.6 with wideband speech for clearer overall sound quality, making it easier to recognise and understand voices during calls.
- USB Auto Pairing – iPhone® and Android™ devices can be automatically paired when the smartphone is connected via USB to the receiver.2 (DEH-S3000BT is only compatible with Android)
- iPhone owners have the option to wirelessly search through their playlists, artists, songs, genres, and compatible music streaming apps over Bluetooth, a feature previously only available in the flagship 1-DIN models.
- USB Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, portable USB drive, or Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display of track, artist and album information. Android devices must run OS 1(Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer to use Media Transfer Protocol.
Expanded Entertainment Options
- Spotify® – All models except for the DEH-S100UB allow the listener to control content from the Spotify app for iPhone and Android devices as a dedicated source on the receiver. Listeners can now play, pause and skip tracks using the Pioneer controls, and with a few taps, it is just as easy to browse playlists, albums and radio stations on the go. Premium3 users enjoy ad-free, high quality music and can download music and listen offline with no internet connection. Spotify on the new receivers works over Bluetooth for Android devices and iPhones.
- Pioneer Advanced Remote Control (Pioneer ARC) Application – The functionality and user experience of the new models are enhanced with the latest version of Pioneer’s ARC app, available for both iPhone and Android devices4. The Pioneer ARC app utilises the touchscreen of the user’s smartphone to display detailed artist and track information, including album art (not available on all sources), from various music apps and music sources on phone. Listeners can use the familiar smartphone gestures, swipe and tap, to control basic commands such as switching music sources, play/pause, skip, and shuffle/repeat. Users are also able to adjust the EQ, Time Alignment and Network settings for their receiver directly from the app.
- Pioneer ARC – For the 2017 models, Pioneer ARC is a new feature found in the source list screen of the app that provides simplified management and operation of the paired Bluetooth phones. Listeners using the Pioneer ARC app can easily connect and switch between guest phones to stream music wirelessly via the receiver.
- AOA 2.0 Support for Android (all models) – AOA 2.0 enables Android device owners to play music streaming apps and control basic functionality, Play/Pause and Skip Song, using the buttons of the receiver. The feature requires the Android device be running Android 4.1 or newer and be plugged into the receiver via the USB connection on the front of the unit.
- Dynamic Bass Enhancer – The new feature improves bass frequencies by harnessing the harmonic frequencies of bass notes within the music and amplifying them dynamically. This provides the listener with a superior bass experience.
- Customised audio adjustments with 13-band Graphic EQ
- Quick Charge for Android – charges 1.5 amp Android devices (CDP 1.5)
- FLAC file playback capability via USB at up to 44kHz/16bit high resolution CD-quality audio playback
Pioneer’s new DEH and MVH receivers will be available from September 2017, at Pioneer authorised car audio outlets. For further information on pricing and availability, please contact your local Pioneer outlet, or visit http://www.pioneer-car.eu.